Recipe by Rosa from Recipes by Rosa
You’ll love this sunflower fava cake loaf recipe that is soft and moist! It is so easy to make with simple ingredients. No mixer needed!
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp of cinnamon
⅛ tsp of nutmeg
⅛ tsp of salt
2.5 tsps of baking powder
2 large eggs, room temperature
¾ cup of granulated sugar
½ cup of butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 handful of Ortaliza Micro Sunflower
1 handful of Ortaliza Micro Fava Beans
½ cup of chopped pecans, roughly cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease loaf pan
- Place the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the walnuts into small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and mix with a whisk until just combined for almost 45 seconds.
- Mix in the butter and vanilla extract, stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and stir until just combined. You can use a whisk in the first batch but it will be easier to use a spoon/spatula in the end to mix easily.
- Fold the sunflower & fava microgreens and stir with a spoon/spatula.
- Mix in the pecans.
Bake 350F for about 50-55 minutes